“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.
Expected publication: 12th August 2015
Eve is an outcast. A chimera.
After years of abuse and rejection, 19-year-old Evelyn Kingston is ready for a fresh start in a new city, where no one knows her name. The esteemed Billington University in sunny Southern California seems like the perfect place to reinvent herself—to live the life of an ordinary human.
But things at Billington aren’t as they seem. In a school filled with prodigies, socialites, and the leaders of tomorrow, Eve finds that the complex social hierarchy makes passing as a human much harder than she had anticipated. Even worse, Billington is harboring a secret of its own: Interlopers have infiltrated the university, and their sinister plans are targeted at chimeras—like Eve.
Instantly, Eve’s new life takes a drastic turn. In a time filled with chaos, is the world focusing on the wrong enemy? And when the situation at Billington shifts from hostile to dangerous, will Eve remain in the shadows, or rise up and fight?
Why I am waiting anxiously…
I have been looking forward to this book for what seems like forever! I read the first three chapters here and couldn’t wait to get more of Eve! Poor Jenna Moreci is probably quite fed up of my excited messages and semi-stalker comments! Sorry Jenna! You are just so darn awesome! I think this is definitely my most anticipated book of the year, so when it got it’s release date last week I was really excited that I could now feature it on WoW!
Need more reason to check out Eve?
1. Eve is badass. Like combat boots and snarky attitude badass. Is it weird that I want her for my friend?
2. Jason Valentine, my future book boyfriend. H-O-T. Although Eve might not want to be my friend then?
3. Jenna takes the rules of writing, holds them up and then stomps on them before burning them. This is her voice, and hers alone. And honestly? I think New Adult has been waiting for an author like that.
4. Madison, Eve’s roommate. She is all kinds of awful and I think I am going to enjoy it when Eve takes her down. I really hope she will!
5. The fact that this is set in an alternate world, but it is basically a US college, in the future. I love reading about schools in the US!
Jenna also has a really awesome YouTube channel for all of you would-be writers out there containing loads of tips and tricks for writing and publishing your book. I have shared the first video I ever saw by Jenna below. Enjoy!
What is your “Waiting on” Wednesday pick this week? Are you excited to read Eve: The Awakening? Comment below and link me up!
E. St. C.